Please drop off children at the start of the day in the main school yard on the East Site. The exit doorway to collect children at the end of the school day is located to the right of the main East Site entrance door.
PE kit is needed for sessions on Monday
Weekly spelling lists are given to children on Monday and should be learnt by the following Friday
Children are heard reading weekly, so please make sure that your child(ren) brings reading books and home-school link books every day.
Library visits- the local library is visited half termly
- We have a healthy snack time each day when children can eat fruit and drink milk or water. Families send fruit to school with their children and this is then washed and distributed at relevant break points each day.
- For health and safety, children should be brought to school by families with appropriate clothing including waterproof coats with hoods on days when it might rain, warm coats when it could be cold, sunhats,sunglasses and sun-screen on days when it is particularly sunny and footwear that is suitable for wearing both in and out of doors.
We work hard in Brynhyfryd Primary School to try and ensure the highest levels of child wellbeing, health and safety. In order to work in partnership with us we would ask that parents:
- encourage the children to take reasonable care for their own health and safety at school and of their peers, teachers, support staff and any other person that may be at school.
- Cooperate with teaching and support staff and follow all health and safety instructions given to parents and children when on school premises.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
- Report to a teacher or other member of school staff any health and safety concerns that they may have.
- Practice letter sounds (ask staff for sounds of letters as they are taught in school)
- Practice letter names (use the alphabet song if you'd like but don't forget to use the British English 'z' instead of the American English 'z')
- Practice counting objects (1-20)
- Practice helping your child to spot their left and their right!
- Practice spotting and naming colours
- Practice spotting and naming common furniture, places, rooms, people and clothing etc.
- Help your child to become independent dressing/changing clothes/going to the toilet/using zips, buttons, velcro and poppers
- Encourage your child to 'have-a-go' and gain confidence speaking in front of others
- Ensure there are clear boundaries for your child's behaviour at home. Help them to know what you expect of them and what is acceptable or not in different places at different times.
- Help us make sure that your child and that they are loved and safe both with you and in school.
Look at some pictures of our wonderful home learning and fun so far...