Croeso i dosbarth Meithrin!
Welcome to the Nursery class!
Pwy ydyn ni?
Who are we?
Drop-off and collection:
The entrance and exit for families to our Nursery Site is located off Pentre-Treharne Road. The Nursery Site adjoins other main school sites, and access for staff and children is used as appropriate throughout the school week. Please phone 01792 483870 and select option 2 to get put through to Nursery staff.
Morning session- 9.00-11.30am
Library visits- the local library is visited every other Friday during the school day
Notes for families:
- We have a healthy snack time each day when children can eat fruit and drink milk or water. Families send fruit to school with their children and this is then washed and distributed at relevant break points each day.
- For health and safety, children should be brought to school by families with appropriate clothing including waterproof coats with hoods on days when it might rain, warm coats when it could be cold, sunhats, sunglasses and sun-screen on days when it is particularly sunny and footwear that is suitable for wearing both in and out of doors.
- Children will be outdoors in all weather so we ask for each child to have a set of wellies or outdoor shoes which can be left in Nursery.
- Our piggy-bank: Every Monday the children can bring in a donation of 20p towards our toy fund or their Golden Friday treats.
Lles a iechyd...
Wellbeing, Health and Safety...
We work hard in Brynhyfryd Primary School to try and ensure the highest levels of child wellbeing, health and safety. In order to work in partnership with us we would ask that if your child is unwell or absent from school, could you either phone the school office and leave a message or dojo the class teacher to make them aware. The Nursery staff will only allow your child to be collected by a nominated adult. If there is any change to this, please phone the school office to inform staff members of this child as we will not let your child leave with another adult without consent first.
Our current topic is: "Let's grow'
Sut i helpu...
Ways to help...
- Practise letter sounds (ask staff for sounds of letters as they are taught in school)
- Practise counting objects (1-10)
- Practise mark making using a pincer grip
- Sing nursery rhymes
- Read stories to help with understanding languages
- Practise spotting and naming colours
- Practise spotting and naming common furniture, places, rooms, people and clothing etc.
- Encourage sharing and turn taking
- Help your child to become independent dressing/changing clothes/going to the toilet/using zips, buttons, velcro and poppers
- Encourage your child to 'have-a-go' and gain confidence speaking in front of others
- Ensure there are clear boundaries for your child's behaviour at home. Help them to know what you expect of them and what is acceptable or not in different places at different times.
- Help us make sure that your child feels and knows that they are loved and safe both with you and in school.
Please click on the icon below to log in to your child's Hwb account...
(their online software and storage of learning)
Lluniau o dathliadau a sbri...
Pictures of things we are proud of and have enjoyed...