Croeso i'n Dosbarthiadau Blwyddyn 2!
Miss V Colasanto Miss S Higgs
Class Teacher Class Teacher
TLR Holder for LLC
Mrs K Davies Mrs A Bowler
Teaching Assistant Teaching Assistant
Mrs A Gleaves Mrs N Williams Mrs S Mills
Teaching Assistant Teaching Assistant Teaching Assistant
Please drop off children at the start of the day in the main school yard on the East Site, staff members will be in yard waiting to receive the children. At the end of the school day dismissal will be from the year 2 classroom. This can be accessed either by using the side gate in the lane adjacent to Deshi Spice or by going through the school yard towards the back of the school yard.
On Fridays, Year 2 children will need their PE kit and clothes suitable for Outdoor Learning in all weathers.
Children are heard reading weekly, so please make sure that your child brings his/her reading book and reading diary in every Tuesday. This will be returned on a Friday.
- We have a healthy snack time each day when children can eat fruit and drink milk or water. Families send fruit to school with their children and this is then washed and distributed at relevant break points each day.
- For health and safety, children should be brought to school by families with appropriate clothing including waterproof coats with hoods on days when it might rain, warm coats when it could be cold, sunhats, sunglasses and sun-screen on days when it is particularly sunny and footwear that is suitable for wearing both in and out of doors.
We work hard in Brynhyfryd Primary School to try and ensure the highest levels of child wellbeing, health and safety. In order to work in partnership with us we would ask that you:
Keep school staff informed about factors that could affect your child's wellbeing at any time.
Encourage your child to communicate with school staff about things which could affect their wellbeing and their readiness to learn.
Encourage your child to take responsibility for keeping themselves and others safe, healthy and happy at all times.
Promote a healthy lifestyle, including the importance of a balanced diet, exercise, drinking water, sleep and good hygiene.
Support school staff by following all health and safety procedures when on school premises.
Monitor your child's internet usage to ensure they access content which is safe and age-appropriate.
Report any concerns you have regarding wellbeing, health and safety to a member of school staff.
In Year 2, we practise handwriting in our school's cursive letter script.
Please see below how to form each letter using the correct letter formation.
- Practise letter sounds (ask staff for sounds of letters as they are taught in school)
- Practise letter names (use the alphabet song if you'd like but don't forget to use the British English 'z' instead of the American English 'z')
- Practise counting sets of objects by grouping in 2's, 5's or 10's.
- Practise reading and writing numbers to at least 100.
- Help your child to become independent dressing/changing clothes/going to the toilet/using zips, buttons, velcro and poppers
- Encourage your child to 'have-a-go' and gain confidence speaking in front of others
- Ensure there are clear boundaries for your child's behaviour at home. Help them to know what you expect of them and what is acceptable or not in different places at different times.
- Help us make sure that your child and that they are loved and safe both with you and in school.